Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Politically Correct

Do you ever get sick? I do. Do you ever get tired? I do. I even get sick "&" tired. After fifteen years of trying to be "politically correct" I have finally reached my wits end. Working with police departments policies and city government personality conflicts has made me a prospect for the funny farm. The only thing is, is that it's not really funny.



Political correctness must have been thought up by somebody who had nothing else to do but mess with people. Now I understand the intent of being politically correct and it's not a new idea. The problem in reality doesn't have anything to do with "politics." It has more to do with Godliness. It has to do with treating people honestly and not in a fashion that is rude.


I guess what bothers me most is that man has come up with the idea that treating one another is their idea. Then attach to that the idea that if we don't treat one another correctly somebody is going to be taken to court. The truth is simply this, if we don't treat one another with respect and honestly we'll have a court date with the highest court. God's court.

What does this have to do with police officers and fire fighters? Actually from my own personal stand point as a Chaplain it has to do with how and when I can talk to them about the most important way to manage stress. It has to do with their own personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

How about sharing you opinion of stress management and Jesus Christ? Let's use the blog to be honest and open with each other. The only thing I ask is that you not be rude and vulgar.

No comments: