Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Best Friend

I am an out going kind of guy and I have what I consider to be lots of friends. But not all of those people are what I would consider "faithful". I mean they are there for me "if" I call on them.
But I have one friend who is there even if I don't call. She stands beside me in all that I do when it's right and when it's wrong. We have been partners in ministry for 39 years but we have worked closer together as Police Chaplains that in any thing else we have ever done.

Last week she retired as an active chaplain with the Topeka Police Department and thy awarded her with a beautiful plaque.

God has blessed me in so many ways and second to blessing me with eternal life is the blessing of having ellen as my wife and best friend.

"I Sure Do Love her"

1 comment:

Bob said...

CONGRATULATIONS Ellen!!! You are the best. You should get a medal for putting up with Lee for 39 years. :) Keep up the good work.