Wednesday, June 11, 2008

LEARNING TO REST IN THE LORD

You can't imagine how many years I have waited to "Rest In The Lord". I have done all kinds of things attempting to ease my nerves but only one thing works for me. Simply reading Gods Word.

Lately I've taken the time to just sit down and read from the Bible. Sometimes it's in regard to preparation for an upcoming sermon, sometimes it's trying to study while looking for some great answer from God, but most of the time it's just a way of saying "hello to God".

The more I read at one setting the more peaceful I get. It's like crawling up in the lap of God himself. I love it.

When I find myself facing troubles that I just can't seem to get control of, I go to the book, not just any book, but "THE book" the Bible. The greatest resource ever provided for mankind. I have spent a ton of money on lots of books but it's only the Bible that really provides help.

If you want to spend some money wisely? But a bible.

No comments: