Monday, March 3, 2008

TRY THIS ONE ON!

The other day I received an email from a friend that ended with the following statement:

"Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you aren't willing to move your feet."

My friend didn't know about any issues I was dealing with so he couldn't have intended to give me any specific advice. Little did he know however that his quote drove home a point that would keep me up the next night.

Christians often make a big deal about "Standing Firm". But sometimes we stand so firm that when it "is" time for us to move we're frozen in place. God wants us to be flexible enough to be able to follow his leading. He wants us to expect to move when we ask for His guidance. He wants us to understand that "standing firm" prepares us for movement.

We need to be ready when He is.

No comments: