Saturday, May 24, 2008

Create Your Own Niche in the Middle of God's Calling

This blog has a pretty long title but it won't take long to describe what I mean. I have always been a person who believes in two things. (1). God has a calling or something specific that He wants you to do and you'll never be completely happy until you learn what it is and begin to do it. (2). Based upon your talents, gifts and abilities there is something that you can do as well or better than anyone else.

You must begin with trying to understand what God desires you to do. Watch and listen to see what He is already up to in your life and join Him in what He is doing. It's a lot easier than trying to do what "you" want to do and ask Him to join you. After all life isn't about you, it's all about God and His will for your life.

Once you discover what God is calling you to do, you then begin to look around you and see where you can best do it. If you are like me you may have to adopt an attitude that says, "If nobody loves you create the demand". Become what you believe other people really need but just don't realize they need it. If you remember the fence painting story in Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer you'll probably get the idea. Make what you do so exciting that others will want to get in on it.

I love doing what I do because I know it's God's will for my life and it's my niche. It's where I belong. It's a place for me to do what God wants me to do.

No comments: